Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can anyone explain "emo" to me?

my teen boys have male freinds that are "emo" they act gay but date girls they die there hair back paint there nails black and only wear black clothing most have really bad burn scares on there arms and cut scares



they stay at my house for days parents never call and check on them there ages 14 to 17 and i worry about them



i have never meet any of there parents when my kids go to someones house i always go the first time to meet the parents of the kids mine will be hanging out with



I have looked up "emo" online but didnt find anything helpful and when i ask these kids they just laugh and walk away



as a parent i just want to understand what these kids are into and why my boys want to hang out with them



Can anyone explain "emo" to me?

Don't worry, its just a phase. Kind of like hippies in the 60's and 70's or grunge in the 90's. Emo is short for "emotional", and is sort of like a dumber version of a mix of goth, rocker and punk. Its what you get when the person shops at hot topic too much and doesn't know what kind of person they are, so they mix all the styles together.



Its horrible that the boys are cutting and burning themselves. But, its a phase and a form of self expression now a days. They're going to do it to impress their friends no matter what the adults say.



My man is 26. He has been known to cut or burn himself when he's sauced up. I think he does it to make people think he's crazy, but I'm not sure. He always does it in front of people. Last time he went to a punk concert he got up on stage and carved love into his chest with a piece of glass. The band loved him so much they took him home with them that night and let him stay at their house, then dropped him home the next morning with a couple packs of cigs and a case of beer.



Can anyone explain "emo" to me?

Do a search for "emo" on youtube.com, and you'll see lots of videos of kids and bands who are considered as "emo" or acting "emo."



From what I understand, it's short for 'emotional.' That's why when a guy is being emo, he seems gay, because he's being emotional. It's ok for men to be emotional now, despite what the oppressed older generations think.



Or maybe they really are gay... but even if they are, give them a break.



Can anyone explain "emo" to me?

the word emo is short for EMOtional... They are emotionally unstable you might say and in my opinion just want attention and thats why they cut and burn theirselves. yes on purpose!!! I think its just a cry for help because they dont want to ask. And i think they probably have issues going on their parents do not know off. Thats why they dress like that... =)



Can anyone explain "emo" to me?

yes, emo is another word for fag.



Can anyone explain "emo" to me?

Emo is short for emotional. For some, its just a fashion style. However for others, its because they are depressed or something. So kinda what theyre saying is "i hate life and i wanna die" so that probably explains the burn and cut marks. Not exactly the best kind of friends your sons should be hanging out with.



Can anyone explain "emo" to me?

Emo is short for emotional and usually involvest he punk rock type. It is said it came from a punk rock band called Emo-Core in the 1980's. Go to the website to find out more.



Can anyone explain "emo" to me?

Yeah "emo" is a short form of "emotional" but it also has to do with tons of other stuff, mostly punk rock and gothic. How far the kids take it depends on what they are going through, and for some of them it's just a matter of fashion and music, but for others it's more disturbing stuff having to do with depression and wanting to get attention (like the cutting and burning). I don't know what advice to give you, because you can't exactly judge how deep these kids are into it right off the bat.... but i would say that especially if they are hanging out with kids like that, I would keep them close and make sure to be as involved as possible in their lives. You don't want them to end up like some of these kids that you hear about on the news...



Can anyone explain "emo" to me?

ok. well that isnt good. and those kids have suckish lives thats all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd